Monday, October 20, 2008

Ballad of the Desperate Procrastinator

I wonder if the internet
Will offer something new.
I haven’t seen it in five minutes.
Ten since I’ve seen you.

We talk for hours, though we know
We’ve heard it all before.
And when I next should study math,
I’ll hear it all once more.

Priorities have never been
A forte of yours or mine.
I’ve always been eluded by
The management of time.

Ironically, we talk about
The work that must be done.
You ask me how much I have started.
I reply with “none.”

Vodka, vodka, every where,
That would taste good I think;
Vodka, vodka, every where,
Nor any time to drink.

We sat down here at nine p.m.
And now it’s half past two.
I’d love to stay and chat with you,
But I’ve so much to do.

My bastard teacher only gave
A week to do this work.
I now must stay up all night long
Because he’s such a jerk.

No comments: